Police Immigration Raid busts illegal residents

first_img Related Items: Facebook Twitter Google+LinkedInPinterestWhatsApp Facebook Twitter Google+LinkedInPinterestWhatsAppProvidenciales, TCI, November 10, 2016 – Police raided the Five Cays community in the wee hours of Wednesday morning and caught a few illegals with no proof of legal status… they were hoping for more.Press Liaison officer, Kevin Clarke in a media statement said the joint operations with Immigration and the TCI Police will continue and come in the aftermath of a series of Haitian boats making landfall in the northwest part of Providenciales.Photos show the task force in full gear and armed ready to flush out migrants who are wanted by officials; several boats have made landfall undetected by the coastal radar leaving untold numbers of illegal suspected Haitians to run free in the islands.The most recent boat load sparked even greater fears among residents due to a prison break in Haiti and a report from the US Coast Guard that drugs and weapons smuggling is on the rise through the Dominican Republic and Haiti.  That report was given to the National Security Council which includes the Governor and Commissioner of Police.  Police say the joint operations will continue.last_img read more

Rangers youngster wants to be in the starting eleven

first_imgFor Jordan Rossiter, the game against Kilmarnock on Wednesday could be an opportunity to start in the Scottish Premier LeagueIn 2016, English midfielder Jordan Rossiter was bought by Scottish Premier League team Rangers.Before that, he spent two years in Liverpool in the English Premier League, but only played once.And now with the Scottish giants, he has only played in six games but expects a change to be in the starting eleven for the first time this season.“We all know how disappointing Sunday was and as the gaffer said we have a great group of lads here,” Rossiter told the club’s official website.Mikey Johnston, CelticJohnston is disappointed after being injured Manuel R. Medina – September 11, 2019 Celtic winger Mikey Johnston was disappointed to miss Scotland Under 21 national team’s victories over San Marino and Croatia, and he hopes he can return to play soon.“We just have to go out tomorrow and take it out on Kilmarnock and hopefully go and get the three points.”“It has been a long road back to full recovery but it has been brilliant just to be back in with the lads and involved again on Sunday,” he added.“It was great to be out there on a big occasion but I know I have a long way to go myself to get back to my full match sharpness.”“There is no hiding it I have had a lot of setbacks in the few years I have been at Rangers but I am in a really good place now, physically and mentally,” he commented.“I just have to keep doing the right things on the pitch, as well as off it to make sure I stay available for the gaffer.”last_img read more

Trump terms journalist enemy of the people

first_imgA White House staff member reaches for the microphone held by CNN`s Jim Acosta as he questions US president Donald Trump during a news conference in Washington. Photo: ReutersThe White House on Wednesday suspended the press pass of a CNN reporter who earlier sparred with Donald Trump at a news conference, in which the US president branded the journalist an “enemy of the people.”A visibly angry Trump had called reporter Jim Acosta a “rude, terrible person,” after the CNN White House correspondent refused the president’s orders to sit down and give up the microphone during the conference one day after the US midterm vote.”The White House is suspending the hard pass of the reporter involved until further notice,” said White House spokeswoman Sarah Sanders hours later, referring to Acosta, who then tweeted that he had been denied White House entry.The heated exchange began after the prominent journalist clung to the microphone and persisted with questions about the president’s views on a caravan of Central American migrants making its way to the US border.Trump said “that’s enough!” and a White House intern unsuccessfully tried to take the microphone from the CNN journalist.”President Trump believes in a free press and expects and welcomes tough questions of him and his Administration,” Sanders said in her statement.”We will, however, never tolerate a reporter placing his hands on a young woman just trying to do her job as a White House intern. This conduct is absolutely unacceptable,” she said.Acosta shot back at the accusation of misconduct, tweeting “this is a lie” — as his network and a number of Washington journalists who had been at the press conference voiced support for him.”Secretary Sanders lied,” CNN said in a statement, saying the press pass suspension was “done in retaliation for challenging questions.”Sanders “provided fraudulent accusations and cited an incident that never happened,” the US cable network said.”This unprecedented decision is a threat to our democracy and the country deserves better. Jim Acosta has our full support.”‘ONGOING ATTACKS’An association representing the Washington press corps urged the White House to “immediately reverse this weak and misguided action.””The White House Correspondents’ Association strongly objects to the Trump Administration’s decision to use US Secret Service security credentials as a tool to punish a reporter with whom it has a difficult relationship,” the group said. “Revoking access to the White House complex is a reaction out of line to the purported offense and is unacceptable.”It was the latest in a long history of fiery run-ins between the mercurial Republican leader and Acosta.At the conference Trump, when asked if he had “demonized immigrants” during the midterms campaign, replied: “No, I want them to come into the country. But they have to come in legally.”Acosta persisted, saying: “They are hundreds of miles away. That is not an invasion.”At that point, the president snapped.”Honestly, I think you should let me run the country. You run CNN, and if you did it well, your ratings would be higher,” Trump said.As the reporter continued, Trump declared: “That’s enough, put down the mic” and walked away from his own podium, as if leaving.The intern attempted to grab the microphone from Acosta, who nevertheless tried to shout out one last question.Waving his finger, Trump berated him.”I’ll tell you what, CNN should be ashamed of itself having you working for them. You are a rude, terrible person. You shouldn’t be working for CNN,” he said.When NBC reporter Peter Alexander took the mic for the next question, he defended Acosta as a “diligent reporter” — earning Trump’s ire.”I’m not a fan of yours either. To be honest. You aren’t the best,” he said.Looking back at Acosta, who again rose up in his own defense, Trump added: “When you report fake news, which CNN does a lot, you are the enemy of the people.”In response, CNN said “this president’s ongoing attacks on the press have gone too far,” in a statement.”They are not only dangerous, they are disturbingly un-American.”last_img

Defy Media Is Shutting Down Will Lay Off Employees

first_img Popular on Variety ×Actors Reveal Their Favorite Disney PrincessesSeveral actors, like Daisy Ridley, Awkwafina, Jeff Goldblum and Gina Rodriguez, reveal their favorite Disney princesses. Rapunzel, Mulan, Ariel,Tiana, Sleeping Beauty and Jasmine all got some love from the Disney stars.More VideosVolume 0%Press shift question mark to access a list of keyboard shortcutsKeyboard Shortcutsplay/pauseincrease volumedecrease volumeseek forwardsseek backwardstoggle captionstoggle fullscreenmute/unmuteseek to %SPACE↑↓→←cfm0-9Next UpJennifer Lopez Shares How She Became a Mogul04:350.5x1x1.25×1.5x2xLive00:0002:1502:15 The shutdown of Defy comes after a series of cutbacks and divestitures by the company. This past March, Defy laid off 8% of its workforce, exiting its programmatic advertising and video licensing and syndication businesses. Then in July, the company sold its long-languishing The Escapist video-game website to Canada’s Enthusiast Gaming and also announced a deal with Fandom to sell Screen Junkies, its entertainment news and parody property.Defy Media was formed through the merger of Alloy Digital and Break Media in 2013. Two years ago, the company announced $70 million in funding led by Wellington Management Co. Previous investors include ABS Capital, Lionsgate, Viacom and Zelnick Media Capital.Defy distributed its original programming across more than 25 video platforms, including YouTube, subscription VOD services and TV networks.Defy’s website currently lists seven job openings for its Beverly Hills location, including for a VP of brand and content strategy, a post-production supervisor, and a supervising producer. “Our main focus right now is to find homes for these great brands and people so that they can continue to thrill and delight their millions of viewers with as little interruption as possible,” Defy said in its statement.Ian Hecox, co-founder of comedy group Smosh, said in a tweet Tuesday that the Smosh team is in the process of “finding a new home.”Defy Media’s shutdown “doesn’t mean Smosh is going away,” Hecox wrote. “We’re already in the process of finding a new home and will update you all as soon as we can.” He formed Smosh in 2006 together with his longtime friend Anthony Padilla, who left the group last year to pursue a solo career.Clevver executive producer and host Joslyn Davis posted a similar statement on Twitter saying the lifestyle and pop-culture outlet hopes to land somewhere else. “Making awesome videos for you guys is our number one priority, and we’re hoping to have exciting news to share with you soon!” she tweeted.The official confirmation of Defy’s shuttering came after word earlier Tuesday that the New York-based company was closing its production facility in Beverly Hills and would lay off all employees at the location by the end of the year. Per notices sent to Defy employees, the Beverly Hills office at 8750 Wilshire Blvd. will be closed effective Jan. 2, 2019.The company notified employees of the plans under the requirements of the federal Worker Adjustment and Retraining Notification (WARN) Act and California’s State Worker Adjustment and Retraining Notification Act. The closure of the L.A. office was first reported by Tubefilter.Earlier Tuesday, a staffer who answered the L.A. number for the company said she was unable to provide any info on the closure. Calls placed to the main phone number listed for Defy Media’s New York office were answered with a recorded message: “The Google subscriber you have called is not available.” UPDATED: Defy Media, the digital media company whose brands include Smosh and Clevver, is shutting down operations and laying off its employees.“Regretfully, Defy Media has ceased operations today,” the company said in a statement released Tuesday evening. “We are extremely proud of what we accomplished here at Defy and in particular want to thank all the employees who worked here. We deeply regret the impact that this has had on them today… Unfortunately, market conditions got in the way of us completing our mission.”The company at one point reported having nearly 400 employees. Defy did not confirm its current headcount, which has shrunk in recent months as it pared back the business in the hopes of staying afloat.The company’s in-house studios had produced 75 regularly scheduled shows. It’s not clear what will happen to the Defy brands going forward, but the company indicated it’s seeking buyers or partners for the properties. Defy’s brands, which include Smosh, Smosh Games, Clevver, AWEme, Break and Made Man, have more than 140 million followers across YouTube and social media, according to the company.last_img read more