Pigeons Playing Ping Pong, Lotus, More To Play Citizens Bank Park ‘Live-In / Drive-In’ Series

first_imgLive Nation has announced a new drive-in concert series taking place in the parking lot of Citizens Bank Park, home of the Philadelphia Phillies. The concert series, dubbed Live-In / Drive-In, will feature headlining performances from Pigeons Playing Ping Pong, Lotus, Dark Star Orchestra, and more from August to September.Related: The Disco Biscuits Return To Action With Livestream From Empty Citizens Bank Park [Photos/Video]Live-In / Drive-In will also feature comedians as well as bands, with the series kicking off with funnyman Bert Kreischer on August 16th. From there, Live Nation, in partnership with the Phillies, will host concerts and comedians at least three days a week through September 7th when series wraps up with the Labor Day Comedy Jam, featuring an array of comics hosted by DJ Jazzy Jeff and Corey Townes.During its run, Live In / Drive-In will host PPPP (8/21), The Struts (8/22), an album release party for The Front Bottoms (8/23), Mt. Joy with special guest Adam Melchor (8/25), Subtronics with special guests Minnesota and Level Up (8/26), Smith & Myers (9/3), Lotus (9/4), a two-night run of Dark Star Orchestra (9/5–6), and finally the Labor Day Comedy Jam (9/7).“We are excited to enable music fans to once again enjoy live music safely as we unveil our Live-In / Drive-In series at Citizens Bank Park,” said Geoff Gordon, Regional President, Live Nation Philadelphia. “We are grateful to the Philadelphia Phillies, the City of Philadelphia, the State of Pennsylvania, and the musicians and artists who are excited to get back out and perform live on stage in a socially distanced environment for their fans in Philly again.”Tickets to the concerts will be sold by the carload, ranging from $99.50 to $225, with a maximum of four people per car. At the events, audio will be transmitted into listener’s cars via an FM signal, with video of the performances projected onto LED screens. Cars will be parked in a 17×17 spot and are required to remain in their vehicles throughout the performance, though masked fans will be able to leave their car’s zone to use “continuously sanitized” restrooms.A pre-sale for Citi cardmembers goes on live on Tuesday, July 21st at 12 p.m. ET, with tickets for the general public going up Friday at 10 a.m. ET. Click here for tickets and more information.last_img read more

Homeless Man Offered a Job After Expressing His Gratitude Toward Jogger Who Gave Him Shoes Off His Feet

first_imgAddThis Sharing ButtonsShare to FacebookFacebookFacebookShare to TwitterTwitterTwitterShare to EmailEmailEmailShare to RedditRedditRedditShare to MoreAddThisMoreIt was 9am in the WTC area, I watched as a jogger took off his sneakers, gave them to a homeless man, & walked the NYC streets barefoot.“Our character is what we do when we think nobody is looking.” ❤️ pic.twitter.com/LT9dnMdHo0— Antonella212 (Instagram) (@NYorNothing) August 18, 2019 This homeless man has been given a new lease on life thanks to a simple act of kindness from an anonymous jogger in New York City.30-year-old Joe Arroyo had been sitting on a sidewalk in Lower Manhattan earlier this month with a cardboard sign explaining how he was homeless, hungry, and wearing broken shoes.When a passing jogger noticed Arroyo’s sign and the holes in his shoes, the man stopped, took off his shoes and socks, handed them to Arroyo, and walked away barefoot. Needless to say, Arroyo was shocked.MORE: Stranger’s Kindness Towards Anxious Senior on Airplane Leaves Witnesses Wiping Away ‘Happy Tears’“I never thought somebody would come out and take their shoes off and just give them to me,” Arroyo told WABC. “[He said] ‘I’ve been blessed my whole life, God has been very nice to me, I feel like I should bless you too’ and he took off his shoes and gave them to me.“I wanted to hug the guy but a homeless man hugging someone out here is not normal,” he added.A woman who had been seated in a nearby taxi cab was stopped at a red light when the exchange took place. When she happened to look over and see the man taking off his shoes, she took out her phone to take a video.RELATED: Homeless Dad Receives Flood of Support After Woman Tried to Facebook Shame Him for Sleeping in McDonaldsShe later uploaded the video to Twitter where it has since been viewed almost 100,000 times. Not only that, it prompted local reporters to interview Arroyo about the shoes.Arroyo used the news coverage as an opportunity to express his bottomless gratitude for the unidentified man and ask viewers for a job.As fate would have it, a local entrepreneur saw the interview and contacted reporters so he could offer Arroyo a job.(WATCH the emotional news coverage below)Pass On The Positivity By Sharing The Inspiring Story To Social Media…AddThis Sharing ButtonsShare to FacebookFacebookFacebookShare to TwitterTwitterTwitterShare to EmailEmailEmailShare to RedditRedditRedditShare to MoreAddThisMorelast_img read more

Is It ‘Taps’ For EH Music Permit Revision?

first_img Inda Eaton speaks out. Independent/Bridget LeRoy Independent/T.E. McMorrow Nancy Atlas spoke at the packed Town Hall meeting on March 21. Independent/T.E. McMorrow Nancy Atlas spoke at the packed Town Hall meeting on March 21. Independent/T.E. McMorrowIt was a standing-room-only crowd as Nancy Atlas and other East End musicians appeared before the East Hampton Town Board on March 21.It was not a paying crowd and there were no instruments. Instead, the local musicians gathered to express their angst over proposed revisions to the town’s code regarding the issuance of music permits to restaurants, bars, and taverns. They were joined by politicians, lawyers speaking for clients, restaurant and bar owners, music lovers, and even a couple of teachers. More than three dozen speakers took to the podium that night, all speaking against the proposed amendment.They were proceeded by Michael Sendlenski, town attorney, who explained the purpose of the proposed revisions, as he had done two days earlier during a town board work session.Currently, restaurants, bars, and taverns must obtain a music entertainment permit before they can offer music, live or recorded, for their clientele. That would not change under the new law. However, instead of a permit essentially lasting into perpetuity, owners and managers of restaurants would now have to apply annually.Sendlenski explained that ownership and management teams of bars and restaurants in a seasonal community come and go, and the permits need to reflect who is actually running the show.Whereas music permits currently are free, the amended law would allow the town board, in the future, to set a fee for them.Inda Eaton speaks out. Independent/Bridget LeRoyThe proposed amended law contains a clause, Sendlenski said, making it clear that having a music permit does not give an establishment the right to convert its space into a dancehall, nightclub, or concert venue. Sendlenski specifically named two venues permitted as restaurants that had been removing chairs and tables from their floor areas at night to create room for dancing. The town has successfully addressed the issue in court against two Montauk restaurants, Ruschmeyer’s and Grey Lady, he said.There are currently only three sites classified as dancehalls or nightclubs operating in the Town of East Hampton. Two are in Montauk, The Memory Motel and Sloppy Tuna, with the other being the Stephen Talkhouse in Amagansett. Such sites do not need music permits, Sendlenski explained, because music is inherent to their business classification.A fourth, the site on Three Mile Harbor Road which has had many iterations over the years, such as NV Tsunami, Lily Pond, Cafe de la Musique, and SL East, appears to be headed in a different direction this year, operating as Spur East.Convictions RequiredPerhaps the most controversial proposed change to the current law, at least judging by the comments from speakers, involves the grounds for the denial of a music permit to an establishment.Currently, the town clerk, upon learning that an establishment has been issued citations three times by code enforcement or police officers during the permit year for alleged violations of the town’s laws governing noise, should schedule a hearing before the town board to weigh the possible revocation or modification of the establishment’s music permit.The problem with that approach, legally, Sendlenski said, is that the town then is potentially removing a music permit based solely upon an officer’s allegation. Instead, the new law requires convictions, not simply charges.If the revision is approved, two convictions on violations of the town code in a year could result in the revocation of a permit. In addition, when applying for the annual permit, the town clerk can, at her discretion, deny an application for a music permit if the applicant has had two such convictions over the previous three years.The town board would no longer be involved in the appeal process. Instead, a special committee would be set up for applicants who want to contest such a denial. That committee would consist of the town’s chief fire marshal, police chief, and the head of the town’s code enforcement and emergency preparedness division.After Sendlenski spoke, it became open mic night at Town Hall, with sporadic raucous cheering and laughter. The hall was filled past capacity.Lynn Blumenfeld, who goes by Lynn Blue when she sings, was first up. She called the proposed amendment “anti-Montauk.” She said that two convictions for a small business owner on town code matters in a three-year period was too low a number to be used to trigger a revocation of a music permit.Blumenfeld was followed by Nancy Atlas of the Nancy Atlas Project. Atlas was a major player in the large turnout at Town Hall that night, after she posted the following on her Facebook page: “They are trying to take away my Surf Lodge Wednesdays. They are proposing a bill that will effectively wipe out the right for businesses to have live music for whoever they choose but here is the catch. I’m young, I’m calling in the troops, and I’m ready for the fight. Bring it, Town of East Hampton.”While Atlas appeared to be aiming her ire at the town board and its proposed amendments to the music permit law, it is the New York State Liquor Authority that is directly responsible for the possible loss of her “Surf Lodge Wednesdays.” SLA chairman Vincent Bradley had a scathing exchange with Surf Lodge impresario Jayma Cardoso on March 6, during which he stated that his board would not issue a liquor license allowing live music at the iconic Montauk destination for the summer party crowd until the town issues a permit.This comes after years of litigation between the town and Cardoso and her partners. The town, according to Cardoso, who spoke with The Independent Monday. The SLA hearing regarding the Surf Lodge’s liquor license, and its aftermath, are covered elsewhere in this issue.Cardoso did attend last Thursday night’s meeting, standing at the rear of the crowd.Orwellian Amendment?Atlas told the board Thursday night that the language of the amendment is too vague.Many of the speakers saw the amended language as a Machiavellian move to eliminate live music from the town. “To lose music, it’s the beginning of the end,” Ralph Perricelli, a Montauk resident, retired New York City fireman, and a musician, told the board.Annie Morgan Rosch, another musician, whose husband, Richard Rosch, is the drummer for the Nancy Atlas Project, told the board that “I don’t know why it has to be continuously reiterated — music is a gift.” She asked why music is always under attack.Several of the speakers equated the proposed amendment with something akin to George Orwell’s “1984,” or, perhaps, Ray Bradbury’s “Fahrenheit 451.”Linda Fuller told the board she taught school in East Hampton for 40 years. Fuller referenced another dystopian novel, “The Giver,” by Lois Lowry. “The Giver,” Fuller said, is about a society that has banned music, “because the goal for that society was to eliminate emotional depth from the lives of its citizens.” She said, “When we would finish the novel, I would ask the students, ‘What would East Hampton be like without music?’”Politicians running for town board were on hand, as well. David Gruber, an attorney running for Town Supervisor, accused the town board of overreach. “You are using a sledge hammer to drive in a nail,” he said. He added that out of the 70 or so music venues in the town, only three were creating problems. He also said that simply holding a single public hearing was “the worst possible way to get public input.” Bonnie Brady, a town board candidate, asked why she has to “beg” the current board to slow down on such major changes. Yet another candidate, Betsy Bambrick, a former head of the town’s code enforcement division, questioned the creation a review board consisting entirely of code and law enforcement officials.Job Potter, a former town board member, and also a musician, suggested forming a committee of musicians, restaurant and bar owners, and other interested parties to take a fresh look at the law.Besides Gruber, at least two other attorneys spoke, as well. Diane LeVerrier questioned the legality of the law, particularly the way the appeals board was being constituted, saying that it violates state law governing townships.“They will be explaining this in court,” Deborah Choron warned. She said the amendment will hurt Montauk, as well as small business owners. “Who will be able to afford this?” she asked. “Maybe Marc Rowan,” was her rhetorical reply, which drew laughter and cheering. Rowan is the billionaire owner of Duryea’s, which has been in the eye of a political storm in East Hampton in recent weeks.Even the fishing industry was represented. Anthony Sosinski of Montauk called for a music festival to raise money for Montauk beach restoration, saying that music is always a positive, never a negative. “I just want to assure everybody that we all value live music in East Hampton,” Town Supervisor Peter Van Scoyoc, who is himself a musician, said towards the end of the meeting. “Everyone on this board does. We are not going to shut down live music.”[email protected] Sharelast_img read more

Arsenal have initiated contact for signing – Gunners wan’t deal at…

first_imgAC Milan also get a mention, but no other clubs are named.AS suggest an exit from Betis is possible this summer for the Frenchman, however, they’ve got big demands.The Seville club want €50m for the former Lyon player, which would represent a big profit on the €20m (plus around €10m in potential bonus payments) they paid the Ligue 1 side last summer.Arsenal don’t want to pay that much, with it being explained none of the clubs interested would be willing to hit the €50m figure. Lyon would be due 20% of any of the profit made, which is one reason for Betis to go as high as possible.Fekir turns 27 years of age in July, and has had a reasonable first season with Betis, although it’s perhaps not unfair to say he hasn’t shown he’d be worth €50m in a straight fee.Even if their interest is genuine, Arsenal are unlikely to bend, so unless Betis drop their demands there’s likely nothing happening here.by Taboolaby TaboolaSponsored LinksSponsored LinksPromoted LinksPromoted LinksTrending TodayForge of Empires – Free Online GameIf You Like to Play, this Game is a Must-HaveForge of Empires – Free Online GameUndo聽多多 Hearmore.asia1969年前出生的香港居民現可免費試戴頂尖的歐洲助聽器聽多多 Hearmore.asiaUndoCoworking Space | Search AdsThe cost of shared office in Hong Kong might surprise youCoworking Space | Search AdsUndoHero WarsGetting this Treasure is impossible! Prove us wrong!Hero WarsUndo熱門話題小心會長過頭…網友推爆:「真的長得超誇張!」熱門話題UndoStanChart by CNBC CatalystDigitization in Banks Is No Longer About Efficiency, but Business Resilience. Don’t Get Left Behind.StanChart by CNBC CatalystUndoCNN with DBS BankWhat Banks Did To Help Corporations Mitigate Future CrisesCNN with DBS BankUndoLoans | Search AdsNeed a loan? Search hereLoans | Search AdsUndoKeto减肥1個簡單的妙招一夜「融化」腹部贅肉(今晚試試)Keto减肥Undo Arsenal are one of a ‘few teams’ who have initiated contact with Real Betis about signing Nabil Fekir, report AS on Monday.last_img read more